• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone Problems

tl25

Lurker
Jul 18, 2010
Hi,

I want to personalize my phone with new apps but i cannot download any from the android market. Whenever i try to install an app, there is a notification that says "insufficient storage".

I'm not very good with technical aspects of phones, but is there a way to install a different version of the adroid platform onto this phone? My legend was a gift from my cousins who bought it in China. And there are some unwanted stuff.

Thanks for any help.

Sounds like your internal storage is full.

Go to Menu > Settings > SD card & phone storage and see what it says under "Internal phone storage"

You can also go to Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications to see a list of all the applications installed - if needed you can delete ones you don't use to free up some space - just be careful what you get rid of.

Upvote 0
I do not think it is my internal phone storage. I still have 145 MB and judging by the size of the apps, i think that is more than enough to install some.

Also, how do you remove apps with manage applications. There is only something called "clear data" which doesn't remove the applications. I think it only clears settings or something (i'm not sure of this) because the application is still there after i clear data.

Any other solutions?

Upvote 0
I have HTC Evo 4G. I have 19MB of internal storage free left yet it still prevents me from installing apps. Seeing that most apps are less than 1MB, I wish HTC or Google would let me configure this constraint.

Another thing is they NEED to allow apps to be stored on sdcard if even such a high end phone like the HTC Evo 4G can have this situation happen. I do install a lot of apps, but its not even my primary phone right now. This is a big problem and an big oversight by Google. What's up google?

So pretty much I'm at my capacity for installing new apps right now. Until 2.2 comes out for HTC Evo. If I root and move my apps to sdcard, anyway, its not clean to have some on internal and some on sdcard. Probably best to give us a way to force all apps to install or move to sdcard since 1GB HTC Evo limit is small compared to 16 or 32GB sdcards. Bad planning google/htc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones