• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone Quit Charging-any ideas?

mattbirk

Nov 22, 2010
Chicago, IL
My Thunderbolt now has issues charging. I have tried two batteries, multiple chargers, charged from USB, charged from outlet, etc. It says it's charging but then gets down to 0%, then when I unplug it, it instantly dies. Right now I am having an issue getting it turned back on...

any ideas?

it's running a liquid ROM, that I have been running for over a year, this charging issue just started about a week ago.

I think it's the charging port...a charger at work works fine for it oddly enough. I guess mine have been used a lot and I guess aren't as tight as they used to be. If I angle the phone right it charges. I figured it out with this Samsung USB charger I have. The part plugged in has a red or green light, and I noticed it was green when I had my phone plugged in, but it's only supposed to say green when it's charged...so that told me it wasn't getting the correct reading. I played with it, and finally got it a place to stay red, and it actually charged! I preordered the Note 2...hopefully this guy lasts until 11/28.

Thanks for the reply.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones