1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Phone randomly enters Airplane Mode

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by psychomantis81, Jul 14, 2011.

1. psychomantis81

psychomantis81 New Member

May 31, 2011
    Hey folks, has anyone else had this problem? Randomly my Indulge will just switch into airplane mode. I do keep the phone in my pocket but I really doubt that it is getting switched on in my pocket. What I find strange is that there will only be a checkmark on airplane mode in the settings>>Wireless & Network menu, but the icon on the drop down menu next to the silent icon will not be highlighted.

The only thing I can imagine doing this is my use of Juicedefender on extreme mode. I disabled juicedefender to see if it solves the problem, but I'd like to find out if anyone else is having this issue.

Advertisement

2. nps531

nps531 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Male
    Window Tint
    DeLand, Fl
    i have. it sucks just a bug u gotta deal with. hasnt happened a lot though under 5 times

3. This has never happened to me. Sounds very weird. nps531, are you using anything like JuiceDefender?

What has happened to me, however, is when I turn Airplane mode on for 5-10 seconds (in trying to coax my 4G to come back on) about 30-40% of the time it will lock up the phone. Then I have to reboot. Annoying to say the least.

4. tiede

tiede Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Male
    curious, aren't we?
    Orlando, Fl
    Ok, neither of these two airplane mode problems have EVER happened to me... I think we can blame custom apps on your phones for that...
    Remember, a problem may not only be caused by one app alone, but also by two apps really not having a fun time being on the same phone at the same time... Think conflict resolution.

5. I have been thinking that tiede, because I have had some general lagginess / wierdness / locking up going on. I will start uninstalling some apps and see if I can narrow it down... If I am able to do that, I will report back. Thanks.

tiede likes this.
  6. LunarShadow

LunarShadow Member

Apr 27, 2011
    San Leandro, Ca
    I have had the same problem with mine going to in airplane mode I do not have juice defender installed. over the course of the last month it has happened 4 or 5 times, enough for me to take notice