• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone randomly plays classical music interlude-wtf?

Mine was doing this--I thought randomly-- after I installed an app (sorry, don't remember which one.). Only it wasn't just music, it was the fifth sorrowful mystery of the rosary. Sort of freaky in the middle of the night.

Anyway, I did notice that it started at 4:53 am once, and when I checked my email the next day, I had gotten an email at that time. I checked the notification sound, and guess what?

Something in whatever app just assigned random sound files to the email notification.

I would check that first.

Reactions: hiwatt
Upvote 0
Mine was doing this--I thought randomly-- after I installed an app (sorry, don't remember which one.). Only it wasn't just music, it was the fifth sorrowful mystery of the rosary. Sort of freaky in the middle of the night.

Anyway, I did notice that it started at 4:53 am once, and when I checked my email the next day, I had gotten an email at that time. I checked the notification sound, and guess what?

Something in whatever app just assigned random sound files to the email notification.

I would check that first.

Maybe that's what is going on. I will make sure to check the next time the phone scares the living daylights outta me and report back :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones