1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone randomly shuts off, have to pop battery out

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sk8nob, Aug 7, 2011.

1. sk8nob

sk8nob Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    Hello, I'm new to the forums and this was the first place I checked when I started having problems with my Atrix. I bought it two days ago and at least twice a day it'll shut off and stay off for no reason in particular. Pressing/holding the power button won't turn it back on, and I have to physically remove the battery and then put it back for it to work again. The phone is fully charged and it's still at factory settings (save for a few standard apps I downloaded).

When I first took it home from the store it worked for about an hour, then shut down so I assumed the battery was low and charged it for a bit. After a while there was no response so I popped the battery out and as soon as I put it back in it turned on without a problem. I'm thinking about taking it back to AT&T but it occurs so infrequently that it'll be hard to explain (unless I wait for it to happen then drive to the store).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisement

2. largecharge

largecharge Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 4, 2010
    i had the same issue last week, see my thread " falling asleep & not waking up? ". i would agree a strange one here.......