1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone randomly shuts off, won't turn on with plug-in/power button.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Aileron, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Aileron

Aileron Lurker

Hi,

I bought a Nexus 4 phone around a year ago. I've upgraded to the latest OS (full of bugs; my photos app wouldn't even open until the most recent update). Anyways, there's a big problem with the phone - it randomly shut off two days ago, and it was around 70% battery. Pressing the power button on the right side didn't wake it up, nor did the volume up/power combo. When I tried plugging it in, the screen wouldn't turn on at all. I plugged it back in a few times and pressed the power button for a good five seconds or so, and I finally got this:

[​IMG]

But it was stuck on this image.

I pressed the power/volume buttons a few times (unknown combination; I just messed around with them) and got this:

[​IMG]

The image was going back-and-forth between the above one and a full-battery icon.

At this point, pressing the volume-up+power button returned the phone to normal. I thought it was just a one-time thing. Today, however, the exact same thing happened again and I had to repeat the whole above process. It's becoming a really frustrating problem.

What is the cause of it?

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Anything impeding the charging port at all? Does your computer respond when you plug the phone in?

I think you're looking at a call to Google/LG unfortunately. :(

Nexus 4 Forum

The Nexus 4 release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2100mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews