• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone rapidly discharging after over the air update

Shinji_Ikari

Lurker
Jul 12, 2010
Last week I noticed there was an over the air update from ATT, so I figured, "Cool lets do it." Since then my phone has been discharging rapidly. Even in standby mode it is only lasting 13 hours on a full charge. Is anyone else experiencing this, and if so have you found a fix? Thanks for any help, Shinji

Last week I noticed there was an over the air update from ATT, so I figured, "Cool lets do it." Since then my phone has been discharging rapidly. Even in standby mode it is only lasting 13 hours on a full charge. Is anyone else experiencing this, and if so have you found a fix? Thanks for any help, Shinji

Hi Shinji_Ikari. Sorry you're seeing battery issues after an update from the carrier.

Many of those "updates" include new or modified apps/widgets and settings for those things that can drain resources. Have a long look at all of that in your apps configuration areas, and in the general app section of your menu. I'll bet you'll find something has changed that has caused the battery drain issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones