1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone Rebooted (and lost wallpaper)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Adara, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Adara

Adara Android Enthusiast

A coupla days ago, I was sitting around, minding my own business. The phone was sitting on the sofa near me, but not actively doing anything. It rebooted. (I noticed this mid-reboot, when the Verizon screen came on.)

Went back to the default wallpaper.

That was really the only thing it lost. (It sort of lost my ringtone, too. In the sense of: if I check my settings, it says my ringtone is my ringtone, but if I check the list of ringtones, my tone isn't there and nothing is selected. I had to find the song again and set it as my ringtone for it to show up in the list again.)

I don't entirely care -- this is pretty minor -- although I seem to recall prior phones doing this before the inevitable slide into death (generally several months before their contracts expired).

Should I be worried? Why would a phone do this? (Does it really hate my wallpaper and ringtone that much?)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

Something upset it!

It could be a few things. Are your wallpaper and ringtone on your external SD card? Sometimes when they start to fail things like this happen. Have you installed any new apps that may be causing a problem or conflict with others?

Usually when such things happen the phone has an issue it can't resolve and reboots, it has crashed really, there will be a cause, and usually it is fixable.

3. Adara

Adara Android Enthusiast

No new apps. (I had updated apps a few days before, but very little was running at the time -- and none of it was a likely culprit.)

Possibly the SD card going wonky. I'll keep an eye on it.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews