1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone Rebooting Itself

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bruce_205, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Bruce_205

Bruce_205 Member
    None

May 9, 2010
    Male
    Television Director
    Jackson, MS USA
    I'm having a strange intermittent problem with the Droid X. It will just reboot itself. At random times. Can be on the charger or not, and when its just sitting idle. No warranty, so I can't return it. :(

I've already done a factory reset when I bought it, and loaded the latest android version.

Has anyone else had this? What did you do to fix it? I think this is the only bug that I've found so far.

Advertisement

2. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Android Expert
    None

May 17, 2010
    Edge of Insanity
    Mine recently started to reboot randomly, but I found that the google + app was the cause. I deleted the app and no more reboots. My suggestion is to try deleting apps that you think may cause the reboot. Does it reboot from a fresh factory reset?

3. chippy

chippy Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 11, 2009
    KS, USA
    Mine did it before the GB update, but now more frequently after the GB update. I find it mainly power cycles while I'm listening to music, but it can really happen at any time. No fix found for me.

4. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja
    None

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    i know that stock gb is basically stock froyo, it will reboot occasionally, no clue of as to why, however when i rooted and romed my phone, it rebooted alot at first, then the reboots stopped... then gb it rebooted a couple of times, and when i turned the phone off, it would cut itself back on again... strange. but then after apex, liberty, liberty aosp, ssx, and cm7 i havent had anymore random reboots.

5. Bruce_205

Bruce_205 Member
    None

May 9, 2010
    Male
    Television Director
    Jackson, MS USA
    I don't have google+ and when it does this it can be when I'm not using it. In fact, one day it woke me up at 6am with that alarm that sounds when it powers up. I dont know how to turn that off. But it had been sitting on the charger idle for several hours. I'm not sure about Froyo or Gingerbread because when I got the phone, it had been factory reset to 2.2 and within a day an OTA update for 2.3 came so I installed that right away. Never really had a chance to use it much with the stock o/s. It is not ROM'd. This is moto stock.

6. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja
    None

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    thats quite strange i have no problems out of my Google+ app

7. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Android Expert
    None

May 17, 2010
    Edge of Insanity
    I've tried the google + app several times with the same results. It really messes up my phone for some reason. See my sig for system info.