• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone rebooting...

Yes I have seen this happen. It vibrates and then you see the android boot screen. That and I've seen it hard crash, err well thats what I call it, since it just vibrates and I have to pull the battery out.

You can do a hard reset(Factory restore) and see if it happens again. Though if it starts to hard crash, I would call Tmo and start the process of a replacement. Note this isnt something they wil do right away, it has to be documented(ie you call in multiple times saying yes I've done the hard reset a couple of times and it comes back). In my case, I currently have a replacement in the mail.

But I would say to others, I think this is a rare thing and I still love this phone.

Upvote 0
Pcchameleon,

I get that too it will be sitting on my desk at work and all the sudden i will catch out of the corner of my eye the android splash screeen or the Behold II screen.

once my phone just started vibrating and would stop i couldnt do anything i had to take out the battery.

i will be calling tmobile later today let you know what they say.

Upvote 0
i dont use or have locale,

but my rebooting and vibrating stuck thing got too annoying, so i called tmobile.

they lady i spoke to thinks its a battery problem on the rebooting so she is sending out a new battery to me.

as for the vibrating thing she was lost and said to call in next time while it was happening. i couldnt cause i was driving home, and just pulled the battery.

i will wait for my new battery to see if it these happen again. (still think its software not hardware) but i will go with the experts at tmobile.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones