1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone reception

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by B Bill M, Apr 14, 2011.

1. B Bill M

B Bill M Lurker
    None

Apr 14, 2011
    Hi,

I just bought a Desire S to replace my HTC HD Mini (Win Mo 6.5) and my first experience with Android is not at all bad, I can cope with a learning curve !
    I live in a poor reception area and the first indications are that the Desire S is about the same signal strenth as the HD Mini when I'm not holding the phone. However, as soon as I pick it up to use it, the signal dwindles to virtually or totally nothing, which didn't happen to anything like the same extent with the HD Mini. This sounds the the much reported iPhone issue from last year.
    It's not just at home, there's loads of places with a low signal and I'm worried that I'll not be able to use the phone where before I could.
    If anyone else lives or travels to a poor reception area with any useful comments on this particular phone, I'd be grateful. Mine could just be faulty, if that's the case I can swap it if I do it soon.
    Just to be clear here, I'm not talking about wi-fi - mine has that issue too but it's not much of a problem for me.

Advertisement

2. ben_pyett

ben_pyett Member
    None

Mar 31, 2011
    Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
    I am also coming from WM6.5 and but a diamond2 so I imagine that I'm going through a similar learning curve to you....

I've not really noticed any grip of death for the mobile signal...

I'm currently loving the phone....size....weight...speed...etc....

3. B Bill M

B Bill M Lurker
    None

Apr 14, 2011
    Thanks for info re. mobile reception.

I like the phone and am willing to keep it even if reception is down on HD Mini but am getting another to compare and will return one (agreed with supplier).

Compared to WM6.5 : it's the same but different. Most things as good as or better. Those things that aren't as good, it looks as if there's an app for that.

I'd still appreciate hearing if anyone else has comments on phone signal, good or bad.

4. ajh94

ajh94 Android Expert
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    Orange Telecomunications, Product marketing!
    Essex, UK
    i know my mates one has pretty bad wifi signal but the phone signal is just fine :)

Tags: