1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

phone refused to make calls, had service

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by killtheaquitted, Dec 22, 2009.

1. killtheaquitted

killtheaquitted Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    I had a weird issue that has sprung up twice now with making phone calls and I wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing the same thing. Visually everything looks like it is functional with my phone service on the phone. I have bars, nothing out of the ordinary. However, I can't make any outbound calls either through my contacts or by manually dialing. I the number pad and it makes the response noise but doesn't actually type the number. In contacts, I hit call and the same thing happens. The fix I have found is just to soft boot the phone. Now I hear you all saying "No big deal, just restart." Yeah, it is no big deal unless I have to make a call in an emergency say calling 911 or things of that nature. Waiting for 5 minutes for my phone to reboot in an emergency can cost lives. I know I am being a little dramatic, but c'mon, at the end of the day, it is a phone and it is having trouble making calls.

PS I really do love my hero

Advertisement

2. romeosidvicious

romeosidvicious Well-Known Member

I have not seen this happen. Do you have any third party apps that access the dialer?

3. killtheaquitted

killtheaquitted Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    possibly. I have around 60 apps so I am sure a few have access to the phone. I will look and see.

Tags: