• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone remote administration by company

louka

Lurker
Oct 10, 2020
Hello

I have got recently at work a new Samsung Note 10 lite. Since my company changes devices every year I do not see any reason to change my 1 year old previous model. I want to use new Note 10 lite as private device. Unfortunatly I have some doubts if this new company device has any spy software installed by company to remote manage and content monitoring. I got it sealed but they order houndreds of devices and it is possible to order its with dedicated software. My question is if there is any easy way to check it and confirm with 100% sure that the device is clean? If I ask at company, nobody answer me :(
thanks a lot

When you want to use a work phone for personal usage, that may or may not be your best option. Did your company actually give you that previous Note 10? Or do they indeed own it and want it back after all your old data has been transferred to the new phone?
If it is still their property, and all their phones to have some kind of remote management installed on them, it's not a matter of your company 'spying' on your personal life, they own the phone and if they want to make sure staff use them just for work purposes that's not unreasonable. If that old phone is now yours though, than ask the IT department to release that phone from their remote management control.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones