1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General phone replacement

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gonefishin96, Oct 10, 2010.

1. gonefishin96

gonefishin96 Active Member

Aug 22, 2010
    it seems from reading about how many eris's a lot of you have had you should know a lot on the subject :)...any way im having issues with my phone one is the track ball wont scroll left, and my phone randomly selects things when plugged in...i'm not looking for a new phone or model only asking for a referb eris the problem is this i didn't buy the phone directly from verizon i got it from another person i assume they know this...will this be a problem will they tell me they cant do anything for me because of this or will i still be able to possibly get a replacement?? thanks!

Advertisement

2. Hello gonefishin.

Your carrier is under no obligation to support your device, other than to allow its activation with their system, if it was not acquired from them, unless a valid warranty or insurance policy was transferred to you in some way by the seller.

3. gonefishin96

Aug 22, 2010
    thanks for the response thats pretty much a figured...any chance i can get around this or maybe get lucky and get a nice CSR on the phone? maybe worth a shot i guess

4. Well, present your case to them.. offer the floor rep a smile and lunch, then you can say you did your best.

5. Jrocker23

Jrocker23 Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Male
    Law Enforcement
    Staten Island, NY
    Most likely (if you are activated through verizon) they will exchange it for a fee. The phone technically is only available through them, so they did sell it at some point. If they do help you you will probably have to pay something...

6. Good points, and they do love to start people over on two year contracts. ;)

7. gonefishin96

Aug 22, 2010
    thanks guys cant hurt to try i guess right? I wouldn't mind paying as long as its not something outrageous

8. gonefishin96

Aug 22, 2010
    well for anyone wondering it didnt work first try dont really have time to try again so i'll suck it up for now and enjoy my eris...rerooted of course

9. MrDangerous

MrDangerous Well-Known Member

May 21, 2010
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Bought my phone through BestBuy. Replaced it through Verizon. No problems there.