1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Phone Replacement

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Rolliepollie, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Rolliepollie

Rolliepollie Lurker
    None

Aug 17, 2011
    Hello everybody,

I just want to say in advance that I have searched other similar topics and none of them seem to fit my dilemma, but please do forgive me in advance if there happens to be a very similar topic (aka I am new here.).

So here goes: I have a HTC Droid Incredible and I got my android phone around August of 2010 (with a 2 year contract with verizon). Now, about 2 weeks ago I had to send my phone in for a replacement and ta-dah! I got a totally new Droid Incredible, which I was very pleased.

The problem is, I took my phone out of my pocket about three days ago and there I saw, a huge crack in the screen. Now my touch isn't working and basically I can't even get past my lock screen. Truthfully, I do not know what caused the crack but in the end, does it really matter? My warranty on the phone is void now, and it's not like Verizon is going to fix broken glass.

So I know that money doesn't grow on trees, and I'm having a hard time coming up with a compromise with my parents. I don't want to pester them about a new phone, but that really seems to be the only way. Does anybody know some Android phones that may be a little cheaper than usual but aren't total crap? (forgive my language)

Anyhow, thanks for bearing with me by reading this whole post! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    How about a price range? Galaxy Ace I guess. Or an older model like an HTC Desire?

3. landovr

landovr Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    Firefighter
    Alberta Canada
    You can buy a replacement screen for about 50 bucks. There are videos that show you how to replace the screen. Just giving you another option than getting a new phone. :)

4. Rolliepollie

Rolliepollie Lurker
    None

Aug 17, 2011
    Wait, are you serious? The thing is, the crack isn't just a "scratch". If i move my hand over the glass, I can't feel anything. However, I can clearly see the crack and the touch screen doesn't work where the crack is. All of this can be solved with a replacement screen?

5. landovr

landovr Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    Firefighter
    Alberta Canada
    Sorry I Meant you could replace the actual touch screen lcd panel for 50 bucks.

6. thatguy188

thatguy188 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 12, 2011
    South Carolina