• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone reports lots of available space, but my computer shows only 600MB of space to write to?

Jarlath

Dec 20, 2010
In the Settings > Storage menu, I can see:
SD Card (Unavailable)
USB storage - 11.5GB Total / 8.63GB available.
Device Memory - 1.77GB available.

But when I connect to the computer, there is only 600MB free space on the window that pops up. How can I copy files to the 11 GB on the device - is this for the system only?

Many thanks,
Jarlath

Samsung S2

Have you loaded the USB drivers contained within the Kies desktop software? This may have something to do with it.

Thanks DaveSyd. I should have mentiones my OS - Im using Ubunt so I cant install the software. But I will be using this phone with many conputers so Id rather fix the problem on the phone side than the computer side.

Maybe I should just get an SD card, but if I can access the internal storage Ill have more than enough.

Jarlath

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones