1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone reset

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ka2012, Jan 6, 2014.

1. ka2012

ka2012 Lurker

So I was using my phone (Galaxy s2 running jellybean on tmobile) earlier, web browsing, and I hear a loud beeping noise for about 5 seconds. My phone then shuts off, and after a very long wait at one of the splash screens, turns back on again. It seems to be restored to factory settings. None of my apps show up in the "installed applications" window, although i'm pretty sure theyre still there because it says the same amount of storage is occupied as before. None of my files or music show up in the download app, but they're there if I manually browse the files and look for them. I tried restarting the phone again, taking out the sd card and nothing changes. I can still get texts and call and it is fully functional, I just can't access any of my apps or previous settings or data. I would really appreciate it if anyone has an idea what happened or how to fix it.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bfldworker

bfldworker Android Enthusiast

While it is not unheard of for a phone to reboot randomly, especially if you have a custom ROM like AOKP, CM, etc, etc. A loud beep and factory reboot.

To me it sounds like it may have been improperly rooted or whatever you were doing caused a factory reset.

What ROM are you using?

3. ka2012

ka2012 Lurker

I don't have my phone rooted and wasn't using a custom ROM...it just happened out of the blue when I was browsing the internet...anyway its been solved now anyway, I did a factory reset of my phone, and after spending a while reinstalling apps and fixing settings, everything's working fine. Thanks, I appreciate the help.

4. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

This is the first time I've heard about a random factory reset. Could you have possibly hit the factory reset button combination while you were browsing?

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews