1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone reset

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ka2012, Jan 6, 2014.

1. ka2012

ka2012 Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2014
    So I was using my phone (Galaxy s2 running jellybean on tmobile) earlier, web browsing, and I hear a loud beeping noise for about 5 seconds. My phone then shuts off, and after a very long wait at one of the splash screens, turns back on again. It seems to be restored to factory settings. None of my apps show up in the "installed applications" window, although i'm pretty sure theyre still there because it says the same amount of storage is occupied as before. None of my files or music show up in the download app, but they're there if I manually browse the files and look for them. I tried restarting the phone again, taking out the sd card and nothing changes. I can still get texts and call and it is fully functional, I just can't access any of my apps or previous settings or data. I would really appreciate it if anyone has an idea what happened or how to fix it.

Advertisement

2. bfldworker

bfldworker Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 21, 2012
    Male
    Computer Technician,
    Clearwater Florida
    While it is not unheard of for a phone to reboot randomly, especially if you have a custom ROM like AOKP, CM, etc, etc. A loud beep and factory reboot.

To me it sounds like it may have been improperly rooted or whatever you were doing caused a factory reset.

What ROM are you using?

3. ka2012

ka2012 Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2014
    I don't have my phone rooted and wasn't using a custom ROM...it just happened out of the blue when I was browsing the internet...anyway its been solved now anyway, I did a factory reset of my phone, and after spending a while reinstalling apps and fixing settings, everything's working fine. Thanks, I appreciate the help.

4. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Male
    Boston MA USA
    This is the first time I've heard about a random factory reset. Could you have possibly hit the factory reset button combination while you were browsing?