1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Phone restarting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gianny13, Feb 12, 2011.

1. gianny13

gianny13 New Member

Feb 12, 2011
    I have a Optimus one android phone foar a week.everything is good but i have one problem :
    Sometimes my phone restarts without a reason (i know it because it askes for PIN code ) ,i observed that befor restarting he freezes for 2-3 secondes and then reset.... The phone was coded in vodafone and unlocked.
    Please help ! anybody ,any ideas ?!?
    Thx..

Advertisement

2. ism09bk

ism09bk Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Cyber City
    which version of firmware do you use??

go to Settings->about phone for the information..

3. gianny13

gianny13 New Member

Feb 12, 2011

It is V10c oct-2010

Any ideas? an update ? ..do u thing my problem will be fixed after that ?..

4. Wazza66

Wazza66 Active Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Stoke, UK
    I had the same problem, restarting a couple of times a day..Does the SD Card unmount itself, if so i read in one of the threads that it is due to the Micro SD Card not being good enough and suggested changing it to a Class 6 Card.....I did this five days ago and it hasn`t restarted since.....All seems to be fine now....

5. 350Rocket

350Rocket Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    College for Civil Engineering
    Belleville, Ontario, Canada
    I had a random reboot on my shine plus with 2.1 and it went away after i rooted and installed a custom rom. Lately I've been having the sd card unmount (its the cheapest 16gb i could find so maybe its defective). It goes back to normal after unmounting then reloading. So I'm not sure if the sd card would cause a reboot. I have an o1 that i bought for a spare battery, phone, cable etc and i haven't used it much but it hasn't acted up at all.

6. mooranda

mooranda Member

Mar 6, 2011
    I have the lg optimus m and it freezes then restarts all the time I hate it!! I have 2.2.1? any ideas? am I gonna have to go to metro or call 611?

alanbingham27 likes this.
  7. alanbingham27

alanbingham27 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Mooranda, same has been happening to me for months. I lost the head the other day and rang LG UK complaining about this. They have sent me a package to send it off to get repaired. Also, my current P500 is my second in 3 months. The first I returned after 3 weeks due to lots of dust under the bottom right of the screen. Now this one has gone the same way. It seems to be a common problem with these phones, freezing and dust under screen. I have said to LG when it comes back after repair and nothing has changed they can refund my money or get me a different phone. I like my P500 but the constant freezing is making the phone unusuable.