• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone restarting

Gibson SG

Sep 1, 2011
Hey all, I'm a newcomer to Android. I started using the Optimus V about a month ago, and have had no problems until recently. However, earlier in this afternoon, my phone restarted itself. No big deal, I thought. Then a few hours later I checked it, and found that it had powered down and would not restart. I had to pop the battery to power it up. Is there any way to keep this from happening?
The phone has not been rooted or otherwise modified.

Hey all, I'm a newcomer to Android. I started using the Optimus V about a month ago, and have had no problems until recently. However, earlier in this afternoon, my phone restarted itself. No big deal, I thought. Then a few hours later I checked it, and found that it had powered down and would not restart. I had to pop the battery to power it up. Is there any way to keep this from happening?
The phone has not been rooted or otherwise modified.

Have you uninstalled all apps that did not come with the phone to make sure that an app is not the culprit? Have you also tried a factory reset to rule out a corrupt file?

Also check the Market for an app that will keep a log of battery temps. If the battery overheats, the phone will shut off.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones