• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone Rings, Can't Answer

goolie

Dec 15, 2009
Hi all!

Occasionally, a couple times a month, my Moto Droid will ring, the phone app pops up... but there are no sliders to answer. It rings and rings, and about the time that it's going to go to VM, the sliders will finally appear. Sometimes I miss the call, other times I can get it.

More often, it will ring, and either the phone app doesn't show up at all, or it shows up but then disappears (phone goes black). I have to manually unlock the phone (I have gesture security), and then I can usually get to it. if the phone has gone black, I fumble around with hitting the power button, shaking it (I have screebl), touching the screen... and finally the gesture screen comes up.

Kinda feels like multitasking/processor priority issues they haven't elegantly worked out yet, but I wanted to see if this sounded familiar. Any apps that make it so that when the phone rings, processor priority is handed to the phone? I don't see the app killing other apps, just downgrading their priority to (nearly) zero until you're done with your call, or even just until you have answered your call. The flaw is just in the answering part. When a call comes in, I want my *phone* to be super responsive to that *phone* part of things, y'know?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones