• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone rings one time then straigt to voicemail

S

Shelbster

Is anyone else having this problem? I am using launcher pro, but I don't think that makes a difference.

I am at wits end with this problem. Unless I am expecting a phone call, and have the phone in my hand, it is impossible to answer a call before it goes to voicemail.

That is most likely going to be at&t. A bad sim may cause that. Ring counts for vm is done at the switch level, so there may be something going on at the att network or your account settings. Or, have you installed any vm apps, like youmail or are you using google voice for voicemail services? if so, that could be the culprit. If you call your phone from another phone, do you get 4-6 rings on the other phone and one or none on your cappy?

Upvote 0
Update:

Just to answer a few questions first. I am using google voice for my voicemail, but I am using my phone number and not a google number. My phone would ring once on my end and then go straight to voicemail. I've been told by multiple people that the phone would ring either once on their ends, or would go straight to voicemail.

I just got off of the phone with AT&T support. Apparently there is no way to change the amount of rings on our end. This has to be done by AT&T. Support was very helpful and changed my settings to where the phone rings for approx 15 seconds, which equals 5-6 rings with my ring tone.

Posted this just in case anyone else runs into this problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones