1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone rooted, but no apps appear in Superuser app list

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lovemuffin, Dec 19, 2012.

1. lovemuffin

lovemuffin Newbie

Hi, I am new to rooting, but I did successfully root my phone using Bin4ry's method. However, Superuser shows no apps in the list.

After I rooted the phone, Superuser showed up in my app manager but when I opened it, it didn't list any apps. I tried to update or change the binary of that Superuser app and it didn't work and just uninstalled it. So I installed a different version of Superuser from Google Play and this version doesn't list any apps either.

I downloaded Root Checker Basic from Google Play and when I check it says, "Congratulations! This device has root access." What am I doing wrong? When I open apps on my phone, I don't get any prompts from Superuser.

What am I doing wrong? How can I get root access to get rid of Virgin Mobile's annoying crapware? Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cooldudezach

cooldudezach Android Enthusiast

In order for root to work properly, our phone needs an older version of the su binary. Use the files from this link [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise! - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com. It includes the older su and an older superuser apk, but you can update superuser from the play store. The prompts will work then.

Edit: so long as you haven't updated supersu, you should be able to just redo the root process, but you might want to remove supersu first.

3. ViperBravo

ViperBravo Lurker

Can we update the superuser binarys yet?

4. lovemuffin

lovemuffin Newbie

I never replied to this, but just for the sake of posterity, I want to mention that even though Superuser did not work, I was able to use Titanium Backup to freeze or uninstall the apps I didn't want because I did achieve root access, so it actually was OK. I just had to get a new Kyocera Rise, so I will try using the older SU binary and hope I can get full functionality this time. Thanks.

5. sneaky_1

sneaky_1 Android Enthusiast

The method from android central linked to above will work fine. It will log and prompt like it should.

6. TechDad378

TechDad378 Well-Known Member

I know this is an older thread but it may help you or someone else. When you root the phone you need to make sure you install busybox. After words verify your if you have root set-up correctly with root check basic by jrummy on Google play. If everything looks OK download terminal emulator from Google play. Once installed type "su". You should go from $su to #su on the next line. This means you have root access. If any additional info appears like "permission denied" or a long set of errors then the root is not set up properly. The solution is your system is not mounted as writable. There are a number of ways to mount the system as writable. The spimplest way is to download "es file explorer v1.5 (cupcake edition). This is an older version is es file explorer. Once installed go to setting scroll down to root section put a check in root devices and check mount system as writable. Reboot and problem fixed. Now this all depends if you followed the original root instructions properly.

7. tjfischer

tjfischer Lurker

I had the same issue with my Samsung, I rooted it again and left debug mode on. After this linksd worked.:)

8. Same here,it just nothing..and,why everytime I open up super su,it said binary had to be updated..when I click the button it said intsallation error.please let me know nurisfahani@gmail.
    com

Kyocera Rise Forum

The Kyocera Rise release date was August 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

August 2012
Release Date
Reviews