1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Phone, rooting, OTA update, HTC WILDFIRE S?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bernarditom, Apr 26, 2012.

1. bernarditom

bernarditom Lurker
    None

Apr 26, 2012
    Alright, I have an HTC WILDFIRE S, i rooted the phone which of course i had to unlock to bootloader and such, i did it to try and get rid of bloatware, which when i rooted it it didn't even work. it made the apps go away in my home and app screens, but the memory they were using was still being used, so idk what the f happened there. anyways, an OTA update is available, I'd like to install it, so i download it try and and so, and i get a white triangle yellow exclamation the middle android robot underneath, i think it might be because i rooted it, i try to unroot it with super tool unroot option, no. i also relocked it, it says relocked in bootloader. what can i do to do to make my phone like it was before? and get the OTA update?
    I guess I'll add I'm a bit new to all this and am trying to do it without help. so i decided to now ask for help.
    so yeah]
    help

Advertisement

2. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Android Expert
    None

Dec 8, 2011
    Male
    Pursat, Cambodia
    Can you tell us more about your phone and carrier? Do you have a GSM device (sim card) or CDMA (no sim card)?

BTW, if you install an OTA you loose root and gain all the bloatware back. It's best to update before rooting if possible.