1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone ruined? Please help.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SoMuggyFresh, Jan 12, 2013.

1. SoMuggyFresh

SoMuggyFresh Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2013
    First off, it isn't my phone, it's my GF's S3. Now the problem is weird and I can't seem to find anything about it online. This is what happened (as far as I know).

Phone is not rooted in anyway. Anyways, I was trying to update to JB for her and I kept getting the error 402-6 (Can't remember exactly) and I never could get it. Then one day we woke up and it looked like it updated by itself at night, which is nice but it caused something to happen and it's a seriously problem. I can no longer access the phone's settings at all. I've tried to do the softkey setting shortcut and it says touchwiz has stopped. The notification bar setting shortcut says the System UI has stopped. I've tried nova launcher and an explorer app with no luck. I did see a face unlock setting in the explorer app that goes into the settings, but when I tried to open it through the explorer it said it could not be open.

It's almost as if her settings got wiped away completely. I've tried to reset/power off/battery pull the phone with no luck. Lastly I tried a factory reset (power/volume/home method) with no luck.

If anyone knows anything, please help. We will be taking the phone to a store most likely Tuesday.

Advertisement

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you
    So a factory reset via recovery (the home/volume up/power that you tried) didn't change anything? Same issues?

3. silentwitness

silentwitness Android Expert
    None

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Bombay India
    if u do a factory reset it should solve the problem. try going into recovery mode and see.

4. SoMuggyFresh

SoMuggyFresh Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2013
    I can try recovery mode again (I just don't know what to look for) but I did a factory reset and it didn't fix a thing. I know it reset right also because it started the startup wizard and also had all the tut popups.