1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone saving pictures from browsing???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wes4real, Jun 17, 2011.

1. wes4real

wes4real Lurker
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    I've had my HTC Desire HD for a few months now after selling my iPhone 4 and so far i love it apart from a few things.

Whenever i upload my photo's and videos to my computer via usb it's also including around 100+ random pics off the internet? I think this must be from me browsing on the phone but why is it saving every picture onto the phone and sending them to my computer with photo's taken?

Also the only way i can get the phone to run smoothly is to turn usb debugging on? Since i've done this i've also noticed the batterys not lasting half as long as it did before or i'm just noticing how much better the iPhones battery was compaired to this phone.
    If someone could give me some help on what i should have running and what not to save battery power that would be great.

Advertisement

2. Desire HD Eli

Desire HD Eli Member
    None

May 16, 2011
    Leeds, UK
    If battery life was your main priority than you have made a mistake as the dhd is terrible for battery life. But there are dhd specific forums on here I would re post this again on one of them.

3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    I can get 2 days out of the battery easily so with a little tweaking, battery life isn't too bad. This post is also in the correct DHD forum ;).

OP, What application are you using to sync stuff between the phone and the PC? HTC Sync?

Also, Screen brightness is a big battery eater, I've mine set to circa 40% and it looks fine. What are your sync setings? If you're set to sync on a regular basis, that can ahve a massive impact on your battery.

4. wes4real

wes4real Lurker
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    Hi, I just use it like a normal camera. Connect phone to laptop and just upload pictures/videos but when i go into the folder there's only meant to be 10-20 pictures and i end up with a folder of 100+ random crap and duplicates of each photo i've taken!
    I've noticed a normal size version of each photo and a very small version...I will have a mess around with my settings today as i think i have a lot of stuff on that could be draining the battery. Thanks:)

5. El Presidente

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    The duplicates could be the thumbnails of each pic you see when you look in the album, I've heard of that issue before, but I'm not sure if there was a fix for it.

Use HTC Sync as opposed to mounting the phone as an external drive and see if that makes a difference?

6. wes4real

wes4real Lurker
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    Battery is now ok after turning a few things off but i can't get htc sync to see any photos:thinking:
    I have tried everything and it just shows 0kb in gallery on htc sync. The only other way is to go into the phone via my pc and take them from the dcim folder? If i can't figure this out i'm going to go back to an iPhone 4 as the camera is much better, The photos transfer easy just like a camera with no duplicates and the iPhone is also much faster/less buggy. Gutted :mad:

7. El Presidente

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    wes4real likes this.
  8. wes4real

wes4real Lurker
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    Thanks i'll give it a go now :D