• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone security....

ScarHead06

Apr 30, 2013
Sin State
Ohhhhhh boy, hope THIS thread doesn't get blocked also. :eek:
QUESTION: Does anyone use or suggest any security type thing installed on the phone. (i.e. Avast, AVG, Norton) Just wondering cuz I have avast on my PC and checking if it's even a good idea to put it on my phone as well.

There's 2 camps here.

People that say you don't need it, and those that do.

I'm firmly in the "you don't need anti virus apps on android" camp, but it if makes you feel better having it installed... go for it. :thumbup: The way android is designed, apps are sand boxed. That means the anti virus is as well and therefore limits its actual use (as well as any "virus", but I won't get into that)

Just don't rely on it rather than your own common sense for security. ;)

Upvote 0
There's 2 camps here.

People that say you don't need it, and those that do.

I'm firmly in the "you don't need anti virus apps on android" camp, but it if makes you feel better having it installed... go for it. :thumbup: The way android is designed, apps are sand boxed. That means the anti virus is as well and therefore limits its actual use (as well as any "virus", but I won't get into that)

Just don't rely on it rather than your own common sense for security. ;)

I Totally agree with this post.!!:D :thumbup:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones