• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone settings resetting to default after restart

pxlnnja

Lurker
Aug 19, 2019
Samsung Galaxy S6 (SM-G920T)
Android 7.0

Starting about a month ago, whenever I restart my phone, certain phone settings reset to the default settings. These are some of the settings I notice resetting:

- Pull-down menu buttons
- Sounds and vibration
- Notifications
- Display

There are likely more; these are just the ones that are obvious to me. App settings seem to be fine.

Any ideas what the cause could be? I've investigated if it might be something with recently installed apps but that doesn't seem to be the case.

not sure really what could be causing it. maybe try the phone in safe mode and see if it still happens.. and i would be prepared to do a factory reset, if it does happen in safe mode.

also i would start looking for a new phone. the s6 is pretty old and some things over time may not work as well.....especially apps and even your browser as everything gets updated to newer updates.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones