• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone Settings

emmzone22

Nov 18, 2011
Starting today, I get a message that settings has stopped if I try to access the phone settings. I've uninstalled all of the recently updated apps and did a cache partition wipe. Any other suggestions besides doing a FDR. I'm getting ready to try in safe mode next.

How did you do the Wipe Cache Partition? Starting with a powered-off Turbo?

... Thom
Yes, with the phone off. The phone started acting unresponsive in some areas so I did a FDR, and that was a failure. The phone would not boot up after that. After the Droid start up sequence, instead of going to the main screen, the screen would alternate flashing between black and white with a message that the Google app has stopped. I tried 2 more FDR's with the same result. My replacement phone will be here Tuesday.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones