• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone Shopping -- 2 worries re: Droid X

Nice find Foxgguy. I hadn't thought of cross-shopping for Evo products, either -- some would definitely work due the similar size.

You're all not giving me any good reasons not to place the order! Looks like DXs are shipping "by" 8/10 today, according to the Verizon website. Thanks again for all the help.

I think ye mistyped....It's 9/10 lol. Which is a good thing as it's only 2 weeks out. There are no longer any delays in getting Dinc's and I imagine as demand starts waning so will the DX delays.

Upvote 0
The end of life seems to be around 8 months for Android devices, as you said. This is mainly due to the influx of newer and greater Android devices being released constantly. Again this is a non-issue for devices such as the iPhone.

However, there are some good GPS/training applications out there, such as MyTracks. Yet, being an avid cyclist and runner, I have yet to find an app like MapMyRun or MapMyRide on the Android system, which on the iPhone, takes all the information from the workout, etc.

That being said, I love my Droid X. I am not going to downtalk you from purchasing it or whatnot, just giving you a critical review of the device so you can best make your decision on the phone.

Download the program cardio trainer. I am pretty sure it will do exactly what you're looking for.

Upvote 0
The end of life seems to be around 8 months for Android devices, as you said. This is mainly due to the influx of newer and greater Android devices being released constantly. Again this is a non-issue for devices such as the iPhone.

However, there are some good GPS/training applications out there, such as MyTracks. Yet, being an avid cyclist and runner, I have yet to find an app like MapMyRun or MapMyRide on the Android system, which on the iPhone, takes all the information from the workout, etc.

I received an email from MapMyRide re: an Android app just a few days ago. I haven't tried it obviously since I don't have a DX yet, but I saved the email and intend to get it once I get a phone. MapMyRide is one of my favorite websites, and I'm stoked to have an app for it on a phone. Would be an awesome training tool (plus fun to know how far/how high I rode).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones