• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone shows no photos when usb connected to computer

TwoIfBySea

Lurker
Jun 4, 2011
When I first got my Droid 2, I could connect it via USB to my MacBook and easily download photos from the phone to my iPhoto. Now when I connect via USB, the phone clicks, then shows "No Photos" in iPhoto and reads "There are no pictures to display" on my Droid. I can have the pictures pulled up on my phone, but when I connect it to my computer, there's a clicking, and then they all disappear. :thinking:

The first time this happened, I thought I had lost them and took the phone to a Verizon center. Of course they showed up fine then. But then I realized that connecting to the computer was the problem. When I disconnect, the photos are back and visible on my phone.

I am using a MacBook with OS 10.6.7. Pictures automatically show up in iPhoto. My phone is a Motorola Droid 2.

Please help! I have lots of photos that I want to save on my computer, and it takes SOOOO long to download one at a time via Facebook or Bluetooth (both of which work fine). Thanks!

You can manually copy and paste them onto your hard drive via USB by opening the Blacberry2 Drive that is available once you connect your phone to the laptop and then go to dcim and copy the photos you would like to sync and paste them onto your hard drive. I have the same problem with iPhoto, so I use this as a usefull alternative.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones