1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

phone shut down

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vicki barber, Jun 18, 2018.

1. vicki barber

vicki barber Lurker

I was taking photos on my phone witch was fully charged Turned it off then 10 mins later wanted to take more and will not even turn on Has completely shut down

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Will it still accept a charge? Could be battery is kaput and needs replacing?

3. vicki barber

vicki barber Lurker

Cant tell if it is getting charged as wont turn on and can you get the back off these phones ?

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Try holding down power for about 10 seconds, which often forces a restart, see if it makes any attempt to start then? But if it's like completely dead and unresponsive at all, no sign of activity, no lights or vibration or sounds anything, may need to seek professional service for a diagnosis. Because unless you got the tools and know-how, they're not intended to be user serviceable.

#4 mikedt, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    Hadron likes this.
  5. vicki barber

vicki barber Lurker

6. vicki barber

vicki barber Lurker

Thanks no luck

7. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Plug in the charger and leave it for a bit, that's all I can suggest. But as I recall there's usually some visible indication when HTCs are charging even when switched off (though you may need to touch the power button to see it), though if it has deeply discharged you may need to charge for a while before you get that

Had you had any previous problems (app instability, phone getting hot,...?). If it's still utterly unresponsive after a few hours on the charger you may have a more serious problem (up to and including motherboard failure), but there will be no way of knowing without a professional looking at it).

mikedt likes this.

HTC Desire 825 Forum

The HTC Desire 825 release date was April 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2700mAh battery.

April 2016
Release Date
Reviews