• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone shuts down randomly without warning

avopac

Lurker
Dec 16, 2012
My galaxy attain 4g started off doing a reboot on its own a few times a day. Now, it just shuts down completely without warning, doesn't matter how full my battery life is. I did a system restore, an update, a new battery, everything... and nothing works. I sent it in to Samsung, they told me they "replaced the component" and the very next day AFTER I got it back, it did the exact same thing. I'm stuck with this phone and I don't know what to do anymore, it dies on my randomly. I'm still under warranty but they don't even fix it when I send it in! Suggestions? Does anyone else have the same issue? Could this be a recall if there are others? Solutions anyone? Anything would help. Thanks!

My galaxy attain 4g started off doing a reboot on its own a few times a day. Now, it just shuts down completely without warning, doesn't matter how full my battery life is. I did a system restore, an update, a new battery, everything... and nothing works. I sent it in to Samsung, they told me they "replaced the component" and the very next day AFTER I got it back, it did the exact same thing. I'm stuck with this phone and I don't know what to do anymore, it dies on my randomly. I'm still under warranty but they don't even fix it when I send it in! Suggestions? Does anyone else have the same issue? Could this be a recall if there are others? Solutions anyone? Anything would help. Thanks!

That's weird. What do you mean a system restore?

Upvote 0
Hi guys, thanks for responding. I just sent it in to Samsung a SECOND time, they returned it to me AGAIN with a paper saying the problem was "PHONE LOCKED." And a few hours after I activated it again, it did the exact same thing. @KageBeast system restore = restored back to factory settings (sorry I'm not very tech terminology savvy). @Woxx17 I don't know what a .tar is? And NO suspicious apps the first time I got my phone back... and NO apps AT ALL the second time. Thanks for responding guys, you're my only hope!

Upvote 0
Hi guys, thanks for responding. I just sent it in to Samsung a SECOND time, they returned it to me AGAIN with a paper saying the problem was "PHONE LOCKED." And a few hours after I activated it again, it did the exact same thing. @KageBeast system restore = restored back to factory settings (sorry I'm not very tech terminology savvy). @Woxx17 I don't know what a .tar is? And NO suspicious apps the first time I got my phone back... and NO apps AT ALL the second time. Thanks for responding guys, you're my only hope!

Well a factory reset only erases data and sets all setting back to default so it wouldn't help if you're having reboot issues. Did you change and system settings or anything prior to having this problem?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones