• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
when i first held the vibrant it felt almost perfect size.. mayb a tad big... the X is WAY too big for me... & after seeing this up next to the x & vibrant.. im getting kind of iffy ... idc about bing or touchwiz. but the size of the phone seems a lil too big.. anybody have any opinions OR a way to convince me to get this.. i really want it but it doesnt look pocket friendly..

when i first held the vibrant it felt almost perfect size.. mayb a tad big... the X is WAY too big for me... & after seeing this up next to the x & vibrant.. im getting kind of iffy ... idc about bing or touchwiz. but the size of the phone seems a lil too big.. anybody have any opinions OR a way to convince me to get this.. i really want it but it doesnt look pocket friendly..
Wait until Thursday. Go to Verizon in the early morning and play with the phone yourself. Make sure you go in the morning before everyone has gotten a chance to get their greasy disgusting fingers all over the thing and change settings and stuff like that. Ask around and see if any of the employees have one on hand that isn't connected to the cord on the stand so you can hold it in your hands and get a feel for it.

Upvote 0
X2. Go in on Thursday and put it in your pocket! With the DX, they have dummy copies in the car cradles that you can disconnect and pocket, hold, do whatever you need to. I expect they'll have the same w/ the Fasc. Or, cut out a couple of pieces of cardbord in the Fasc's dimensions, tape them together, and walk around with it in your pocket for a while.

Just based on the dimensions, the Fasc isn't much smaller than the DX. .1" shorter and a touch wider, I think. I don't know, I put the DX in my pocket and it felt fine -- longer but much narrower than my current Palm Centro. I'm expecting that the Fasc will work even better w/o the camera hump and being a tad shorter.

Upvote 0
It just depends on what you use it for and what you want. The larger screen is a lot nicer for web and media as well as keyboard space. Just depends on what you're looking for in a phone. if you want a nice display that is a little easier for web browsing and typing then you'll need to give up some portability. I think 4" is about the perfect size myself.

It is very close in size to the droid x, but is significantly lighter and most importantly doesn't have the hump back. I wouldn't have thought they were as close as they are in size after looking at them. I played around with the Droid x and thought that felt good too, it didn't feel like it was too big. I am surprised that so many people say it is to be honest. It feels much smaller than the original Droid since it is so much thinner.

Like these guys said, I'd go check it out and see how you like it.

specs.
Droid X - 5.47 oz. (2.26″ x 5″ x 0.4″)
Fascinate - 4.7 oz. (2.53″ x 4.82″ x 0.39")

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones