1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone Sleeps in Car

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Jayelem, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Jayelem

Jayelem Lurker
    None

Feb 25, 2016
    Male
    I have a Moto G (3rd Gen) running Marshmallow. It connects to my car and works just fine, but after a while, it sleeps, and though it's still connected to the car, the signal bars on the car's display are empty, even though the phone has plenty of signal. If I briefly press the power button, it wakes again, and everything is fine.

I have the display and sleep timeouts on the phone set to max, but it still happens. I suspect it might be related to battery optimisation, and I've got 'Phone' set as not optimised, but there are lots of other phone/Bluetooth apps I could optimise, and I've no idea which one might be doing this.

To be clear: The phone has lots of signal, Bluetooth is still connected and sometimes, the phone will wake up with an incoming call, but not always. I've used the "Wakey" app to keep the CPU alive, but this means I have to remember to switch it on every time I get in the car.

Does anybody know how I can keep the phone awake so it won't lose signal to the car?

Advertisement

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
  3. Jayelem

Jayelem Lurker
    None

Feb 25, 2016
    Male
    Thanks, looks good. I'll try it (with another macro to cancel the stay-awake action on disconnect)

AZgl1500 likes this.