1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone software questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fgdfgdhghfh, Aug 31, 2011.

1. fgdfgdhghfh

fgdfgdhghfh Lurker
    None

Aug 31, 2011
    man, everything about the HTC Desire HD is great expect for the phone :\ I seem to have many problems...

1# If I click on "phone" then click on icon at the bottom right it gives me my phone history... Buts its wrong. I just had two items (my two recent incoming calls) and I added them to my contact (clicked on the +), but now they are gone from this "call history" list...

2# why is it, if my phone is on vibrate, yet sometimes it rings (spamers BTW)?

3# Why is it if I go to my "all" tab to view all my contacts I only have a single contact (other then me), but if I go to groups I have many contacts (some I added manually, some added after they called me)??

4# How do I setup a contact to have a silent ring dial? I want this setup for my "spam" contact, right now my only option is to send em to voicemail (which isnt ideal).

5# For the love of god. Why is the little "+" button so small? I cant even count how many times I went to hit that button (of the contact button) and accidentally dialed someone...

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Welcome to the forums! :)

Which software version are you running (Settings -> About Phone -> Software Information)? I'm sure there were issues with the dialer/contacts app after the upgrade to Gingerbread, they ended up being connected to a 3rd party contact app/launcher. I'll try and dig out the thread.

As for only seeing 2 contacts, open your contacts, hit menu, then view. What boxes are ticked?

3. fgdfgdhghfh

fgdfgdhghfh Lurker
    None

Aug 31, 2011
    Its android version 2.3.3, using HTC sense 2.1.

As for my contacts: Turns out they are all on google... tnx... but im not sure what to make of this... There are many contacts there, some of them are only online email contacts that id rather not have on my list... but then again, if I change phones, having them all on google would make my life easier...

I also fixed my original post... turns out this site broke all my spacing because I did not give it JS rights.

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Is your phone set to view google contacts or just contacts that are on the phone itself?

5. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    Female
    Occupational Health Advisor
    Kildare, Ireland
    I store all my contacts in my Google account so that they are backed up and I can access them from any phone/PC etc.

In your contacts app you can choose only to show contacts with phone numbers and that will mean you won't have to trawl through all the email only people Google automatically remembers.