1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone sometimes will not wake up..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by YoungGun, Aug 17, 2012.

1. YoungGun

YoungGun Member

Running Broken Out ROM and once in a blue moon my phone will not wake up. Pressing the power button again and again does nothing. Holding the power button done doesn't do anything too. I have to do a battery pull to get my phone to work again..
    Something anyone else has had happen or just a random thing once in awhile?
    :thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. finndo77

finndo77 Android Expert

I've had the same, but I do not think it started until I flashed Black Plague, question, is the screen backlight on? (go into a dark room if you are unsure). most of the time when it happens to me (been over a week since the last one, but not by much, maybe 9 days), the phone is actually powered off...

other times the backlight is on, and if I hold the power button a while it will shut off, then when I press the power button again it boots up, as if it shut down, but got stuck on powering the screen off.

I did do a few battery pulls before I got the power button method working. no idea what causes it, and often I could not even tell you when... I might not look at my phone for an hour or more, then all the sudden I notice I cannot turn the screen on....

3. MrB206

MrB206 Android Expert

What governor are you using?

I encountered that problem with the conservative governor... It's very slow to wake the cpu (more so on BO than BP) and the screen doesn't respond as fast.

4. badrsj

badrsj Well-Known Member

I am not running any ROM - stock V6 also does this from time to time - I'd guess about once every couple of days, mostly as I back out of programs - the screen just goes unresponsive and the capacitative buttons do not respond.
    So a battery pull does the trick if the shut off button does not respond (which it mostly does).
    I am thinking it has to do with too many programs installed / or just needs a reboot :) so it may not be a ROM issue after all.

5. finndo77

finndo77 Android Expert

I have been slowly decreasing the number of apps I keep installed on my phone (down from 318 from 18 months ago to 78 and looking to remove a half dozen or so more, this includes all programs, not just apps I install, I take the count from either app organizer or titanium backup) so I am not so sure it is the total number of installed apps (I never had the issue until a couple of weeks ago). could be a restart issue, I only reboot when things stop working properly, unless a random reboot beats me to it! :) not that I still have a lot, but they do happen 1-2 times every 2 weeks now, unless I cause an overheating reboot...

but that is how mine happen, often when I back out of an app, or if I accidentally turn off the screen, then back on real quick (normally when I have been using it for a bit and it is kind of warm. It is not something I can force to happen though.

6. finndo77

finndo77 Android Expert

figured out what was up with mine on the screen off issue... the backlight is still on, it is stuck powering off. it happens when I use Rom tool box to reboot into recovery.

Also happens when I use the power button menu to boot into recovery. Restarting the phone I cannot get into recovery. The only solution I have found is to send an "adb reboot recovery" command.

LG Spectrum Forum

The LG Spectrum release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1830mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews