1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Phone starts vibrating and doesn't stop until battery is dead.

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by mscheaf, Jan 14, 2013.

1. mscheaf

mscheaf Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 17, 2012
    Alton, IL
    This has happened 5 times now with this horrible Samsung sch r730. The phone will be fully charged just sitting there. For no reason at all, it will just start vibrating non stop and drain the battery completely in about 15 minutes. There is no way to make it stop. It just stops after a day or two of doing this, then in a few weeks does it again.

WTF?

Advertisement

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you
    Is that the Samsung Transfix? I see the forums over there are pretty dead as I was going to move this over there but doesn't look like you would get an answer anytime soon there.....
    So, based on your information, I would say you would have some sort of hardware issue but I am not familiar with your device.
    Is it rooted? How long have you had that device?
    Is there some app you have set, that alerts you with a constant vibration?
    Can you check somehow what app/battery usage was when the phone was vibrating?

breadnatty08 likes this.
  3. mscheaf

None

Jul 17, 2012
    Alton, IL
    Yes it is the Transfix. From Cricket. It is not rooted. It is almost all stock. I have the weather channel's app and Dolphin Lite browser and Pandora and a couple live wallpapers. Other than that it is 100% bone stock phone. It comes with Android 2.3.4. Everything is up to date with the latest updates expect Google Maps (because the latest updates makes Maps never stop running, and since I use maps exactly 0% of the time I don't want that.) It is 6 months old.

"Can you check somehow what app/battery usage was when the phone was vibrating?"

I'm not really sure what you are asking. But it was a fully charged phone. Had just taken it off the charger with 100% battery. About 10 minutes after that it started vibrating on it's own. While it is doing it the battery charge will visibly drop about 5% a minute. At this point you must either remove the battery or let it continue until the phone shuts off from dead battery.

4. Mikestony

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you
    Have you tried a factory reset? I know you will lose your data. Also your contacts if not backed up to your google account.
    What I mean by checking battery usage is, perhaps in menu/settings/battery. And check to see what is using the battery?
    Or there are apps like I think the name is Gsam battery, or BetterBatteryStats (not free) but it can check for wakelocks to see if an app is causing this vibration (if it is an app). Or it can check what processes are using battery etc.

5. mscheaf

None

Jul 17, 2012
    Alton, IL
    Yes I have done factory resets with this issue before. No help, just hassle. The battery usage is almost always mostly Cell Standby or Phone Idle taking up a combined 95%. I hardly use this phone at all and at most I get 10 hours of battery life. If I actually talk on the phone or use the browser I can't even get through an 8 hour workday without charging. I really really hate this phone.

6. Mikestony

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you
    If it's only 6 months old, then perhaps take it back for warranty?