• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone staying awake constantly with Backside

Caleo

Mar 18, 2012
For some reason when I access my battery information, my awake history shows that the phone has been constantly awake since booted. It also shows some high "Screen on" time when I definitely wasn't using the phone that long.

What's the best way to check & see what's making the phone do this?

PS: It's a new phone and the battery may not be well calibrated yet, but I'm already down to like 76%/3945mV after ~4.5 hours

Ended up continuing a search after I posted, found better battery stats and that showed that the Facebook app was responsible for keeping the phone awake. For some reason, the task manager showed the facebook camera app always running -.-

Is it because of the phone or because of the ROM? I have BACKside on my Optimus M....and I don't get that problem on other ROMs.

Upvote 0
Is it because of the phone or because of the ROM? I have BACKside on my Optimus M....and I don't get that problem on other ROMs.

No idea tbh, I've noticed a couple little quirks with backside. For instance; sometimes the 3 little homescreen indicator dots from Go Launcher show up in the status bar area and the top of the homescreen. This never happened with CM7 reloaded on my triumph.

I also would like to get a nicer theme (I don't like the green battery/radio icons, or the green power toggles on the notification screen with the ugly gray background). I also sure as hell need to get rid of the obnoxious "WARNING, THIS PHONE WILL SELF DESTRUCT IN 5 SECONDS" audio on startup >.>

Upvote 0
No idea tbh, I've noticed a couple little quirks with backside. For instance; sometimes the 3 little homescreen indicator dots from Go Launcher show up in the status bar area and the top of the homescreen. This never happened with CM7 reloaded on my triumph.

I also would like to get a nicer theme (I don't like the green battery/radio icons, or the green power toggles on the notification screen with the ugly gray background). I also sure as hell need to get rid of the obnoxious "WARNING, THIS PHONE WILL SELF DESTRUCT IN 5 SECONDS" audio on startup >.>
With the kernel I use on the Optimus M, it has no sound support on boot animation....and it's BobZhome's kernel made for our OM....well he does own an Optimus V and not an M...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones