1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone still showing non-synced reminders

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tupjohn, Sep 22, 2011.

1. tupjohn

tupjohn Lurker

Everyday my phone will give me a reminder from my work email calendar even though I have changed the settings to not sync and not view my work calendar on my phone. How can I stop this?

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Which phone are you using? Also, was it a recurring meeting/reminder before you set it to stop syncing?

3. tupjohn

tupjohn Lurker

Thank you for the reply. I am using the motorola atrix I just got. I deleted the account got rid of the recurring reminder that was on my work calendar and then recreated the account on the phone. Those reminders have gone away, but I am still getting non-recurring reminders. I don't get new ones that are created on my work calendar because it isn't syncing, but it seems that maybe it pulled in all of the reminders from the calendar when it was syncing and even though it isn't syncing now it still has these reminders in memory somewhere. Does that seem logical? Is there a way to clear this memory?

4. tupjohn

tupjohn Lurker

I am still having the issue with reminders from my outlook web access calendar popping up on my phone even though I have turned off syncing. I tried to download business calendar to see if that would have any affect, but with no luck.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks.

5. tupjohn

tupjohn Lurker

For any who have the same issue, I believe I figured it out.

It seems that it is a bug that just not syncing from the calendar of a corporate account would still bring up reminders.

I had to go into accounts -- choose the corporate account -- go to settings and unselect calendar.