1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone stops ringing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sumtime, Mar 10, 2016.

1. sumtime

sumtime Lurker

....after five seconds when I receive a call, I have looked in settings but cannot find the answer, appreciate any help on this.

I realise I have put this in the 2014 forum when my phone is 2013 model, would this make any difference regarding answers. :)

#1 sumtime, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  2. Welcome to Android Forums.

This thread was move to the forum you intended to post it in.

... Thom

3. sumtime

sumtime Lurker

Thanks, Thom. ;)

4. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

I don't remember ever encountering that on my Moto G before. Are you running the stock Motorola firmware? Or a custom ROM?

5. sumtime

sumtime Lurker

Hi, al, I should have mentioned after five seconds the ringing stops and goes to voicemail. I haven't done anything to the phone since my daughter bought it for me late 2013.

6. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

Have you called your voice mail and checked your settings? If your carrier lets you set ring time it could have somehow switched to only ring for 5 seconds instead of the usual 30 seconds.

alfick3 likes this.
  7. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

Huh, I've not ever come across that when I used my G. Hopefully some one else has an idea for you. Sorry I couldn't help you out. For other people's benefit though, can you tell us who your service provider is, what version of firmware, what Android version, etc. Any info that might help.

8. sumtime

sumtime Lurker

Yer asking a Doctor of Philosophy in Idiocy :)
    android version is 5.1 in my settings.

Kate, if I phone voicemail how will Ibe able to switch to 30 secs?

9. sumtime

sumtime Lurker

Sorted, Al, Kate, I went onto the Tesco mobile site, during a chat I was advised to put a number in beginning with a couple of stars, that's all it took, thanks for your input, appreciate it.

alfick3 likes this.
  10. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

Who do you use for your service provider? As far as what Kate was suggesting, somewhere in your VM, you should be given an option for VM settings. It just all depends on who your provider is. Tbh with ya, it's been so long since I set up my VM, I don't remember either. [emoji4]

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Motorola Moto G (1st Gen) Forum

The Motorola Moto G (1st Gen) release date is unknown..Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown.
Release Date
Reviews