• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone stops sending messages

RazrHD132

Nov 19, 2013
Hey all,

Been having a bit of an issue that has started to really escalade lately and is irritating... Sometimes my text messages just will not send. I will have full service and the like and the phone will be working normally, but my messages just won't send. I have noticed that sometimes if I put the phone in airplane mode and/or turn it on and off (wiping the cache from recovery) that it will temporarily fix the issue.

So with that said, do you think it is a network issue or a phone issue? It is irritating to be getting a "message not sent" prompt after just having put the phone in my pocket, having to pull it out again to try and resend the message. Most times, it takes me rebooting the phone to fix the issue.

Thanks

Reactions: mkotsis8705
same thing has been happening with my my phone. I had thought it was just because I was using another text messaging app (GOSMS).

sometimes it would take 20 seconds to send... sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes NEVER, but also sometimes it sends immediately like normal.

I would also temporarily fix it by switching airplane mode on and off, also turning phone on and off. didn't always work though

Upvote 0
I occasionally have this problem texting with Google Voice. It's hard to say how often because I primarily text from my computer (at home or at work) and actually don't text that much from my phone, but over the last few months (in spite of updates, cache wipes, a factory reset, etc.) from time to time messages will take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes to send (they will just say "Queued" but not send - it seems to help if I babysit the app by staying in the screen without letting the screen turn off) even though all other network activity is normal. Rebooting the phone seems to nix the problem. But it will also solve itself without rebooting after awhile.

I can't make heads or tails of it, and it's random enough that I'm not able to reproduce the problem. It just happens once or twice a week.

Upvote 0
Hey all,

Been having a bit of an issue that has started to really escalade lately and is irritating... Sometimes my text messages just will not send. I will have full service and the like and the phone will be working normally, but my messages just won't send. I have noticed that sometimes if I put the phone in airplane mode and/or turn it on and off (wiping the cache from recovery) that it will temporarily fix the issue.

So with that said, do you think it is a network issue or a phone issue? It is irritating to be getting a "message not sent" prompt after just having put the phone in my pocket, having to pull it out again to try and resend the message. Most times, it takes me rebooting the phone to fix the issue.

Thanks

I have the same problem. Mine seems to start when I sent a message to multiple people and they all come back as "not sent", then any text message after that won't send. Have to reboot the phone to get text messages working again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones