• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone Storage is Full

tonight I stumbled on a tip in another forum... tombstone files! Android keeps core dumps in /data/tombstones. I just deleted a single 17MB (!) tombstone file and finally have some breathing room.

- Root your Optimus V
- Install ConnetBot and fire it up
- Connect to the local session
- cd /data/tombstones
- ls -l (see any big tombstone files?)
- su (to switch to root)
- rm tombstone_xx (where xx is a number)

Thanks for this tip... I just removed one that was 417mb. Not much considering, but still nice to be rid of. :)

Upvote 0
How much available internal memory does it have? And how does the screen feel compared to the OV?
2GB total onboard flash RAM for storage, of which on a virgin phone 0.98GB is available for the user/cache/etc.

With ALL 150+ apps of mine installed I STILL have 800MB or so free...

It's pretty nice overall, smoother than the OV, and noticeably faster. Batt runtime is still a question as I've only had it for about a day and it was pretty stressed installing all of my apps and stuff...

GPS is still a batt pig, seems about the same as it was on the OV...

Go look in the Triumph forum for more and the howardforums thread... I put up 2 pix taken with the 5MP camera and a short 720p vid...

[EDIT]
Now I have to decide to sell the OV and Archos A43 or not or my Archos A32 and A43... the A32'd be redundant if I kept the OV and the A43 is redudant either way with the MT...
[/EDIT]

Upvote 0
- Root your Optimus V
- Install ConnetBot and fire it up
- Connect to the local session
- cd /data/tombstones
- ls -l (see any big tombstone files?)
- su (to switch to root)
- rm tombstone_xx (where xx is a number)

For those who have root explorer or ES File Explorer you can go into the tombstone directory without using ConnectBot. Depends on your preference in methods. I tried this on my phone a while back but did not find any huge files, but there were six small ones I deleted. I just need to remember to keep checking periodically.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones