• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone Storage is full?

hmc8982

Lurker
Jul 1, 2010
When I try to send a text I keep getting this error and it won't let me text.

"Phone storage is full! Delete some files to free space."

I deleted all of my text messages that were saved.. I deleted apps I don't use and I moved all of the ones I could to my SD card.. and I'm still getting this error?? I have no idea what to do from here? Any help would be great!!

Thanks so much!

is it still happening to your cause it just happened to mine and I have no idea what to do I deleted all my apps, pictures,music and it still wont let me text. do you think you can help me?

After all of that deleting, reboot your device (shut down, wait about 30 seconds, power up). Sometimes it takes doing that for the system to move things around with the new space you've freed up.

Upvote 0
I have this phone (and also the same phone on virgin mobile). The same thing happened to me within the first 3 months of having the phone. I ended up taking it to verizon and getting a replacement. Then I read that after you download a new app you should re-boot your phone to prevent this problem from happening. I've been doing that and the phone works fine. Also, they say once a month to shut down the phone, take out the battery, wait 30 seconds (for something to drain), and put the battery back in. That somehow "resets" everything. I've been doing this and my phone is working better. Maybe this will help you.

Upvote 0
When I try to send a text I keep getting this error and it won't let me text.

"Phone storage is full! Delete some files to free space."

I deleted all of my text messages that were saved.. I deleted apps I don't use and I moved all of the ones I could to my SD card.. and I'm still getting this error?? I have no idea what to do from here? Any help would be great!!

Thanks so much!

I joined the forum today, because I've been having the exact same problem for about two weeks. It's insanely frustrating, especially when it does not seem like I'm using that much space on the phone.

I'm curious (and a little bit hesitant/scared) to root my phone, but I'm wondering if I killed off the stock bulls***t apps that come with this phone, if it would help with my storage issue.

Upvote 0
Step 1: Root your phone. Use gingerbreak, don't be afraid... it's not hard. There's a great youtube vid on how to do this.

Step 2: Install Link2SD from google appstore. Move your largest apps to your SD card.

Step : Profit! (couldn't resist)

Admittedly, as of late Feb 2013, the Vortex is near if not past the end of its usefulness as a smartphone, but if you are stuck with it, these two steps will save you space and allow you to run many more apps on this phone.

Yes, others have said clearing cache and data regularly will also help. Some apps can be moved through the Manage Applications screen, but Link2SD lets you move MANY others, including the massive (for this phone) Facebook app.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones