• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Phone Storage is getting Low" Message.

Lesha619

Oct 22, 2012
CA
Hey! I had it up to here with my phone. I have the Motorola Triumph running on 2.2.2. It says I have 12.3mbs left. Ive unistalled multiple apps, moved apps to my sd card. Deleted several text message threads and photos. Ive cleared my browsers cache, cookies, history, location and data form. Forced closed running apps and cleared its cache...And still no space. What the heck is going on???
I am in no way savvy with this kind of stuff. I don't know what to do. I dont want to have to restore my phones to factory settings. I cant text, check emails, use social networking, browse the net...I pretty much cant do anything.
PLEASE HELP! How to I get more internal space? Ive deleted almost everything...

it's known issues with Triumph
you need to either root your phone (which is easy btw) and delete alog files, or go back to factory.
both of them are temp solutions, you will need to do it every month or so.

Hello! Thank you!
How do I root my device and what will happen once I do so? Will I lose things like contact info, photos, multi media etc? Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hello! Thank you!
How do I root my device and what will happen once I do so? Will I lose things like contact info, photos, multi media etc? Thanks!

You shouldn't lose a thing, & the MT is one of the easiest phones out there to root! Your contacts are automatically backed up to your Google account & your photos are stored on your SD card. Check out this forum link to get started: http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/455603-guide-rooting-your-motorola-triumph.html

I'd root & install a different ROM- not much reason to stay stock when there are so many better alternatives... :)

Upvote 0
let's start with rooting, which is insanly simple.

Step 1: Download Android Terminal Emulator from the market here.
Step 2: Open up the Emulator and type in sudo, you should get the # symbol.
Step 3: Type in the following code:

ln -s /system/xbin/sudo /system/bin/su
ln -s /system/xbin/sudo /system/xbin/su

Step 4: Reboot and you should have root access.

You can unroot it anytime btw.
When you done, we will give you next steps :)

Upvote 0
let's start with rooting, which is insanly simple.

Step 1: Download Android Terminal Emulator from the market here.
Step 2: Open up the Emulator and type in sudo, you should get the # symbol.
Step 3: Type in the following code:

ln -s /system/xbin/sudo /system/bin/su
ln -s /system/xbin/sudo /system/xbin/su

Step 4: Reboot and you should have root access.

You can unroot it anytime btw.
When you done, we will give you next steps :)

Ok, so I downloaded the emulator and followed the directions. Will it reboot itself? I just turned my phone off. But nothing seemed to happen. Still insuffient space and constant force close due to low memory space. Am I doing something wrong?

Upvote 0
If you rooted...Now download es file explorer, install and open.
go to settings, under other settings click root settings, check root explorer and mount file system.
Now go back, click favorits, choose / . Now click on data and scroll down and you may delete everything with "alog" and "pmlog" in it. Do not delete anything else.

Upvote 0
If you rooted...Now download es file explorer, install and open.
go to settings, under other settings click root settings, check root explorer and mount file system.
Now go back, click favorits, choose / . Now click on data and scroll down and you may delete everything with "alog" and "pmlog" in it. Do not delete anything else.

Sorry im asking so many questions. However, there is the es file explorer manager and there is a cupcake version. Which 1 will I need to download. Thanks :)

Upvote 0
So, I'm trying to again free up space on my triumph. I'm using this method again, however its not working...when I go to the downloaded app 'emulator' and put in the sudo code, it says "invalid file exsists" but I still rebooted. After downloaded 'es file manager' i don't see the folder 'other settings' so I could procede. Please help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones