1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

phone storage/memory and sd card issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scouseefc, Jun 28, 2013.

1. scouseefc

scouseefc Member

i have over 1gb space on my sd card, yet some apps but not all cant be moved to my sd card why is this? nearly all my phone memory is used up and i cant even update the standard apps like shazaam ( which i dont use anyway ) because it says my phone is fully nearly and i need to delete or clear data from the apps, kind of stupid that all the apps you download cannot be moved to sd card because the option is not highlighted to do so

tjc270 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scouseefc

scouseefc Member

3. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

What device do you have and which version of Android

funkylogik likes this.
  4. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

I think on devices from froyo to ics, yeah you can move a lot of apps to the sd card but even then, a big part of them stays on the phone. And some apps just wouldnt work properly from sd card so the option isnt there.
    Best thing to do with a low memory phone is root it, delete all the un-needed system apps and move some of your big user apps into the system space to free up some memory.
    I know how frustrating it is though, trust me :beer:

5. scouseefc

scouseefc Member

sorry for late reply i am using the samsung galaxy ace until sept thats when my contracts runs out i will be getting the s4 then, android version is 2.3.3

6. LilBit

LilBit Extreme Android User

Moved to the Ace forums for better flow of info.:)

7. qashqool

qashqool Member

You may update to 2.3.5 or 2.3.6 (depends on carrier and country).
    You can root the phone and wipe app that you dont need and get more space.
    In the end you will need more space and then must get SD card partition and use a manager for that, the more easy to use is Link2SD.
    take a look here and here for start
    Hope I helped

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews