1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

phone storage space getting low

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by lmchenry, Jun 6, 2011.

1. lmchenry

lmchenry Lurker
    None

Jun 6, 2011
    Hi andriod users, this is my 1st time here so bear with me.

I have a question I was wondering if someone out there can fill me in on. How do you resolve the phone storage space getting low issue? If I happen to download 1 app it comes up. most of my apps came with the phone or ones I don't use and they can not be uninstalled.

So really what is the solution to this "android" issue, I got this phone thinking I would have less issues, but I wish I had black berry since I got on it.

Lmchenry;)

Advertisement

2. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye
    None

Mar 6, 2010
    Male
    Travel and teaching for tech and automotive
    Riverside, CA
    Welcome to AndroidForums.com, we are glad you are here. As for your question, what type of phone do you have? I will see if I can find the answer or point you to the section in this forum where you can find the answer and connec to others that have the same phone.

3. cds0699

cds0699 Android Expert
    None

May 22, 2010
    Shenandoah Jct WV
    Welcome to the Android forums. There is a process called "rooting" which gives you superuser/admin access to your phone, which would allow you to remove some of those pre installed applications, however there is a couple of things you need to know.

1) Make sure you read everything completely before doing the rooting process so that you understand exactly what you're doing to your phone (def ask any questions you have before rooting).

2) Check before removing some of the pre installed applications to make sure that removing them won't affect other functions of the phone. Sometimes there are certain applications that are directly tied into the system that cannot be removed.

For more information on this, please look through the list of phones found in the below link and find your phone. Once you do that you should see a subforum named "all things root" and you can go in there and read up on it :)

Android Phones - Android Forums

james27007 likes this.