• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone stuck in boot loop...

Onelove404

Lurker
Jul 17, 2014
Need help restoring Galaxy 2 S, SD710.

Here is what I think happened. I had not updated my apps in awhile, did not have it set to update on the 4G network.
I connected to the wireless network, as 4G was sucking at the time. Well the apps started updating, and I didn't put
it on the charger. The battery died and now I am stuck on the boot/splash screen when it boots.

I need some help, and have dug around the forums, but cannot find anything that honestly I feel covers this issue. Sure afew posts here and there cover similar issues but I am having issues with a step by step thread.

It does not boot into recovery mode, just download mode. I have read about maybe reflashing the boot sector using ODIN?, but I am not sure if this is going to wipe the phone or not.

Is it going to be possible for me to restore the boot sector without having to wipe the phone? If so can anyone help guide me through this process? If not is there any other way to fix the boot loop without having to wipe the phone?

Need help restoring Galaxy 2 S, SD710.

Here is what I think happened. I had not updated my apps in awhile, did not have it set to update on the 4G network.
I connected to the wireless network, as 4G was sucking at the time. Well the apps started updating, and I didn't put
it on the charger. The battery died and now I am stuck on the boot/splash screen when it boots.

I need some help, and have dug around the forums, but cannot find anything that honestly I feel covers this issue. Sure afew posts here and there cover similar issues but I am having issues with a step by step thread.

It does not boot into recovery mode, just download mode. I have read about maybe reflashing the boot sector using ODIN?, but I am not sure if this is going to wipe the phone or not.

Is it going to be possible for me to restore the boot sector without having to wipe the phone? If so can anyone help guide me through this process? If not is there any other way to fix the boot loop without having to wipe the phone?

I know it over a month old, but here we go. I don't think you can backup the phone as it is. I would just ODIN back to GB27 and go from there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones