• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone Stuck in Bootloop

Hi I have moto G 2015 osprey XT1541, its unlocked running cyanogenmod
I recently upgraded to CM 14 experienced problems instantly, all the google apps wpuld crash.
Reverted back to CM 12 which worked and it had an error whilst upgrading in recovery,
something like
E:Failed to map file
E:Error exit from the fuse process :0
Installation Failed Installation Aborted

I have tried multiple roms, all come back with same error message. The recovery on the phone is the cyanogenmod one. Also in recovery if I do system reset I get
E: Failed to mount /data (permission denied)

I am having to try installing roms via sdcard as the phone is not recognised by my computer.
Any Ideas?

Hi I have moto G 2015 osprey XT1541, its unlocked running cyanogenmod
I recently upgraded to CM 14 experienced problems instantly, all the google apps wpuld crash.
Reverted back to CM 12 which worked and it had an error whilst upgrading in recovery,
something like
E:Failed to map file
E:Error exit from the fuse process :0
Installation Failed Installation Aborted

I have tried multiple roms, all come back with same error message. The recovery on the phone is the cyanogenmod one. Also in recovery if I do system reset I get
E: Failed to mount /data (permission denied)

I am having to try installing roms via sdcard as the phone is not recognised by my computer.
Any Ideas?

What version of TWRP? You should be on the latest 3.0.2-r1 I believe... Also, are you doing a clean install, meaning manually wiping system data caches, or just a twrp "factory reset"?

Note that CM14.1 is mostly stable, but you have to clean flash and use 7.1 Gapps.

Upvote 0
What version of TWRP? You should be on the latest 3.0.2-r1 I believe... Also, are you doing a clean install, meaning manually wiping system data caches, or just a twrp "factory reset"?

Note that CM14.1 is mostly stable, but you have to clean flash and use 7.1 Gapps.[/QUOTE

I am using cyanogenmod recovery, having trouble getting TWRP on to phone as will not connect via USB only charge.
But as I said before when I try to flash any file off sdcard get an error message. Try factory reset in recovery many times, how do I manually wipe system data? Is there a way of using twrp 3.0.2-r1 iso file off sd card?

Upvote 0
Same issue i am stuck from 2 weeks.. Very weird not able to flash any Rom or talk to flashboot.. Tried so many things.,
Installed CM14 on xperia ZL, CWM got installed as recovery.. now not able to flash any other ROM, Already wiped original
Unable to flashboot through CPU, Get same error as mentioned everytime I flash anything,.. Please help someone !!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones