1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone stuck on bootloop and need help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dxblaze, Jan 26, 2014.

1. dxblaze

dxblaze Lurker
    None

Jan 25, 2014
    I have an LG Optimus F3, rooted but no CWM, prepaid through T-mobile and I am currently looping at the Tmobile 4g LTE screen. I unknowingly changed my framework file to framework1 and the phone instantly became a paperweight. I should've known that this would cause a major problem. I have gone through dozens of forums and tried countless of tactics to resolve this issue. I have used lg support tool, adb, factory reset, and even attempting to install metro-pcs firmware onto this phone due to reading that they are similar, and also out of the fact that I've been stuck with this issue for days now and that the kdz for t-mobile phone was not able to be downloaded. The lg support tool stops at the downloading with no progress shown, the adb doesn't recognize my phone, factory reset attempts and then after 5 seconds or so starts the bootloop process all over again. To no avail have I seen anything working in my favor and I am needing this phone for multiple reasons. I thank anyone for helping and would love to donate a few dollars to anyone who gives me a working answer. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. jamstewonline

jamstewonline Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Male
    Texas
  3. JVene

JVene Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 2, 2014
    First off, any adjustments made to files on the phone which result in such behavior are entirely reversible. You're already pointed in the right direction, basically. About the only thing that can really cause you trouble is if you're modifying the image files (like aboot.img, etc), but I doubt you're doing that to it.

The download from LG using their recovery tool is about 800 Mbytes. It will take a while depending on your speeds. It's a clumsy tool to use, but the "emergency" recovery instructions are serious medicine. Check your network download speed monitor (perhaps Windows task manager / resources page) to know that downloading is occurring with the LG tool (it DOES otherwise seem stuck). It will take as long as an 800MByte download takes your computer.

Now, really...you haven't done much to the phone. What I mean is that while it may be unresponsive at the display, there's at least a 75% chance it is still able to connect a shell through ADB. It can take 30 to 90 seconds for the ADB connectors to handshake correctly when you can't tell the phone to skip testing the interface, and you may have to reset ADB a few times (adb kill-server, adb start-server) to get it to connect, but the you should be able to get shell access to it.

That would let you "undo" the framework file change, then reboot the phone.

4. dxblaze

dxblaze Lurker
    None

Jan 25, 2014
    I have tried both again, I can't download the kdz file for tmobile, it always seems to stop around 160 mb. The support tool as well is still messing up and hanging up on the download screen.

5. JVene

JVene Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 2, 2014
    Have you tried connecting through ADB, with dogged persistence?

If you recall, under normal operation after inserting the USB cable, your device will often give you a dialog that says something about drivers, with a "skip" option?

It takes a while, 30 maybe even 90 seconds, but eventually it figures that out and connects.

This assumes that you last left the connection to some state where ADB was possible (debugging was still enabled).

If it was, you can get into the shell. You may have to wait a little while and reset ADB several times, but it is possible.

If you do, undo the rename and reboot the phone.

Beyond that, frankly, it sounds like Internet connectivity issues. I don't know the source you're using for the KDZ, have you tried other sources?

6. dxblaze

dxblaze Lurker
    None

Jan 25, 2014
    I have tried adb dozens of times. Last time I plugged my phone into usb was when I rooted it and that was a few days before this, so I imagine that it was still in the mode to where my pc can interact, same with usb debugging. I can almost guarantee it was checked but I could be wrong. The kdz I keep downloading is on the unbrick forum the guy before you mentioned. Other people on that thread also had the same issue and I was using a hard internet connection with ethernet cable. Yet with all this nothing still, I can't seem to find a way to make this work.Thanks for trying though, anything you say gets me one step closer.

7. JVene

JVene Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 2, 2014
    The download issue could be the server, or it could be your own ISP connection.

Have a laptop?

Visit a library, a hospital or some place with a fairly good wifi hotspot, maybe a friends place and try to download it from there.

Google for any other sources...I've found a couple of links, but I can't do much of a search at the moment, and it's research you can manage.

On another front, have you considered a factory reset? I'm not sure you'd like to do that, but at some point...the phone's gotta work, right?