1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone stuck on "rainbow" screen during bootup sequence. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dabba_do, Jul 29, 2013.

1. dabba_do

dabba_do Lurker
    None

Jul 29, 2013
    Since last night, my phone has been stuck on the rainbow screen during the boot up sequence. It will start with the regular Google name and then go to the animated rainbow prism graphics. However it stays in this animated rainbow graphics sequence forever.

Phone - Samsung Nexus unlocked
    Network - AT&T Network

1) Tried a factory reset, which was unsuccessful.
    2) I've somehow got to a safe mode at one point, where I uninstalled the last few apps (Yelp and a flashlight app). Then the phone rebooted by itself and is stuck again in the animated rainbow prism graphics.
    3) Pulled out the simm card and could get it to load. However several failure to load messages appeared for several droid processes and app processes. Then the screen went blank.

Thoughts on other things to try? Thanks in advance for the problem solving help.

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Welcome, dabba-doo.

Well, the measures you've taken in an effort to remedy that issue are good ones, and most often successful, especially the reset and SIM card pull.

I'm thinking that a cache partition wipe is the only thing left out, along with the removal and replacement of your sd card. I'd even replace the SIM card, if my carrier would allow that with no $ involved.

Next step, failing the above, would be replacement of said device.

Let's see what other Nexus owners have to say about this issue.

3. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    I work in a Tech related field. Have been in a tec
    SouthEastern US
    OP just to make sure. You're not rooted correct? Aka the phone is 100% stock?

Tags: